We'll try to keep everything in this document as straightforward as possible, but if there’s anything you are unsure of, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
miiTag provides a way for you to securely tag your valuables without giving away your personal information. The service is powered by miiCard (My Internet Identity) the global Bring Your Own Identity Service that proves ‘you are who you say you are,’ purely online, in minutes and to the same level as a physical passport or photo ID check.
Combining online identity proofing with strong authentication, miiCard provides the trust and security required for people and businesses to meet, transact and utilise services with confidence in a purely digital environment such as through the return of found items through the miiTag service.
miiTag is designed to be accessed with a miiCard for security and privacy of your personal information. miiCard allows you to manage your personal identity, information and control who has access to it and is protected by bank level security. miiCard is a founding verification member of the Respect Network and our service is built on the Respect Trust Framework a simple set of principles and rules to which all Members of a digital trust network agree so that they may share identity and personal data with greater confidence that it will be protected and only used as authorised. Learn more about miiCard here >>
Communications will be sent to you by the email address provided at registration. You must ensure your email address is always up to date. If you do not do this, we will not be able to deliver any alerts, notifications or updates to you. You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, which, together with your username, allows you to access the Service.
If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your user information, you agree to notify us immediately at email@example.com.
Your right to access and use the Service is personal to you and is not transferable by you to any other person or entity. You are only entitled to access and use the service for lawful purposes.
By registering to use our Services, you confirm that:
* You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
* You are at least 18 years old; or
* You are using the service for your personal use and not on behalf of another individual.
* You agree to provide us with information that is accurate, and not to misrepresent your identity or your user information.
* You must treat your Password, PIN/Passphrase and any other security details as confidential and not disclose them to any other person. You must also take all reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorised access to your Account.
* We have the right to suspend or close any Account and terminate your right to use our Services, if (in our opinion) you have failed materially to comply with any part of these terms,
* Before exercising any right of suspension or closure we will, where we consider it appropriate, provide you with an opportunity to make representations.
You may use the service to:
* Register and manage your miiTags
* Refer friends to the service to take part in promotional offers (please note such offers will have separate conditions, such as limit of referral rewards per miiTag customer, and these will be clearly posted around the promotion).
* Order more miiTags
* Report a found tag
* Arrange return of a found item through the site's secure messaging service
The Service is free to use, although charges will apply for additional tags.
We will always do our best to ensure that our systems are available at all times. However, your access to and use of the Service may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of the Service or other actions that we, in our sole discretion, may elect to take.
You acknowledge that computer and telecommunications systems are not fault-free and occasional periods of downtime may occur. We don't guarantee the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free or that content loss won't occur.
You agree that you will not:
Use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated data gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor the Service or any portion of it without our express written consent, which may be withheld at our sole discretion;
Use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the Service, other than the search engines and search agents available through the Service and other than generally available third-party web browsers (such as Microsoft Explorer);
Post or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other contaminating or destructive features, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Service; or
Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Service.
You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and all content you submit through the Service.
You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, your or any other person's credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the Service.
If you believe someone is in breach of posting on the service contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The contents of the Service, including its “look and feel” (e.g.., text, graphics, images, logos and button icons), photographs, editorial content, notices, software and other material are protected under copyright, trademark and other laws. The content of the Service belongs to, or is licensed to us, or our
software or content suppliers. We grant you the right to view and use the Service subject to these terms. You may download or print a copy of information provided on the Service for your personal, internal and non-commercial use only. Any distribution, reprint or electronic reproduction of any content from the Service in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited without our prior written consent.
Our total maximum aggregate liability to you for all matters arising out of or in connection to our Site and our Services will be limited to £500.
The content and all services and products associated with the service or provided through the service are provided to you on an ‘as-is’ basis. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the content or operation of the service. You expressly agree that your use of the service is at your sole risk.
To the extent permitted by law:
* We exclude responsibility for results obtained from the use of our Site or our Services and for conclusions drawn from such use;
* We exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms that might be implied by law;
* Neither you nor we will be liable to the other for any indirect loss or damage; or
* We exclude all liability for your loss of income or revenue or business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss or corruption of data, loss of goodwill or reputation, amounts you pay or owe to your customers or to your affiliates, wasted internal costs or wasted management or office time, in each case, whether caused by a civil wrong (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that the above shall not prevent claims for damage to tangible property or for direct financial loss that is not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
* We will not be liable if we are unable to provide our Site or our Services for any reason that is outside of our reasonable control. Use of our Services for any time critical or business critical purposes is at your own risk. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country in which you are based. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws, whether or not it is caused by our Site, our Services, or the Data.
* You shall defend us against any claim against us alleging that your use of our Site or our Services in breach of these terms infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or is in breach of the applicable law, and reimburse us for any costs incurred or damages awarded against us (or agreed in settlement) in respect of such a claim. If such a claim is brought against us we will notify you of it promptly (and where we can, within 30 days of first becoming aware of it) and you must give us reasonable co-operation in the defence and settlement of such claim.
We may at any time, terminate our agreement with you: If you have breached any provision of this Agreement (or have acted in a manner which clearly shows that you do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of this Agreement); If we in our sole discretion believe we are required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Service to you is, or becomes, unlawful); or Immediately upon notice, to the e-mail address provided by you as part of your user information.
We may modify this Agreement from time to time. Any and all changes to this Agreement will be posted on our site and a notification sent to your registered email address. The Agreement will always state the date it was last revised. You are deemed to accept and agree to be bound by any changes to the Agreement when you use the Service after those changes are posted.
This Agreement, and your relationship with us under this Agreement, shall be governed by the laws of Scotland without regard to its conflict or choice of laws provisions. Any dispute with us, or our officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates, arising under or in relation to this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively through the Scottish courts, except with respect to imminent harm requiring a temporary or preliminary interdict or injunction in which case we may seek this in any court with jurisdiction over the parties. You understand that, in return for agreement to this provision, we are able to offer the Service on the terms stated in this Agreement, without charge to you, and that your consent to this provision is an indispensable consideration under this Agreement.
If any portion of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable by any arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, this Agreement as a whole shall not be deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, but only that portion of this Agreement that is unlawful, void or unenforceable shall be deleted from this Agreement. If we do not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Agreement (or which we have the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of our rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to us.
All covenants, agreements, representations and warranties made in this Agreement shall survive your acceptance of this Agreement and the termination of this Agreement.
This Agreement represents the entire understanding and agreement between you and us regarding the subject matter of the same, and supersedes all other previous agreements.